Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Walk in the Park

I spent some time
In my brain, yesterday
As I strolled,
music played.
I heard the rain falling.
The wind swirled,
as small leaves
hit the wet ground.

As I sloshed, 
the rain became mud,
The leaves clung
to my bare feet.
The mud grew thicker.
My hear raced.
As usual, my anxiety took its comfortable place.
Now hindered;
Unable to move,
I laid down, there,
 in the mud.
Waiting for the rain to stop,
For the sun to dry its nature.
I sank into the quicksand,
letting it blanket me.
My eyes closed for comfort
My mouth clamped, avoiding earth
that would surely slip in.

I had a dream,
as i slept, there,
 in the mud.
A dream, staring myself.

I sat in a tall tree
looking down on the path
 in my mind.
I watched myself drown in the gunk.
After every part
Of my buried bodied was covered,
The wind shifted.
Pushing the clouds away.
A bright sun sent heat to My Path.

In my dream, I jumped from the tree,
landed on my feet
on to solid ground.
The mud had dried.

I walked to the place, 
on My path
that i was now and forever,
concreted.

Purposely,
I slipped back to reality.

I put on my boots,
grabbed my umbrella,
prepared for my next trip.
Determined
to never get stuck in my head,
again.

No comments:

Post a Comment